Lucky Charms is a popular breakfast cereal that has been a favorite of many since its introduction in 1964. The cereal features toasted oat pieces and colorful marshmallow shapes, which are often enjoyed by both children and adults.
However, for those who are lactose intolerant or follow a dairy free or vegan diet, the question arises: are Lucky Charms dairy free?
In this article, we will take a closer look at the ingredients in Lucky Charms cereal and answer the question of whether or not they are dairy free.
Let’s start with the ingredient list.
Ingredients in Lucky Charms Cereal
According to their website, the ingredients in Lucky Charms cereal include:
- Whole Grain Oats, Sugar.
- Corn Starch, Modified Corn Starch.
- Dextrose, Corn Syrup.
- Contains 2% or less of:
- Salt, Gelatin.
- Trisodium Phosphate.
- Red 40, Yellow 5 & 6, Blue 1.
- Natural And Artificial Flavor.
- Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) Added to Preserve Freshness.
- Vitamins and Minerals:
- Calcium Carbonate.
- Vitamin C (sodium ascorbate).
- Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3.
- A B Vitamin (niacinamide),.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride).
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin mononitrate).
- A B Vitamin (folic acid).
- Vitamin A (palmitate).
- Iron and Zinc (mineral nutrients).
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin).
Now, let’s go back to our main question “do lucky charms have dairy”.
Are Lucky Charms dairy free?
Yes. Lucky Charms cereal are dairy free. Based on the ingredients we listed above, Lucky Charms cereal do not contain milk, lactose, or any other dairy product.
As a result, Lucky Charms cereal is suitable for those who are lactose intolerant or follow a dairy free diet.
Please note that ingredients can change. It is always best to refer to the actual package for the most complete and accurate information.
Why Choose a Dairy-Free Diet?
There are several reasons why people opt for a dairy-free diet:
- Lactose Intolerance: Many individuals have difficulty digesting lactose, the sugar found in milk. Consuming dairy products can lead to digestive discomfort, bloating, and other symptoms in those with lactose intolerance.
- Allergies: Some people are allergic to proteins found in cow’s milk, which can cause allergic reactions ranging from mild to severe.
- Ethical Reasons: Concerns about animal welfare and the environmental impact of dairy farming lead some to choose dairy-free alternatives.
- Health and Wellness: Certain health conditions, such as acne and digestive issues, are believed by some to be aggravated by dairy consumption. Some also believe that dairy-free diets can promote clearer skin and better digestion.
Lucky Charms cereal is dairy free as it does not contain milk or milk derived ingredients.
You may also like:
- Are Lucky Charms Halal?
- Are Lucky Charms Vegan?
- Are Hi-Chews Dairy Free?
- Are Tater Tots Dairy Free?
- Is Cotton Candy Dairy Free?
- Are Oreos Dairy Free?
- Are Takis Dairy Free?