Wiley Wallaby Licorice is a brand of Australian-style licorice that offers a range of flavors, including classic black, strawberry, green apple, and more. But is it vegan friendly? Let’s find out.
In this post, we’re going to examine the ingredients used in Wiley Wallaby Licorice in order to determine if it is suitable for vegans.
Let’s start with the ingredient list.
Wiley Wallaby licorice ingredients:
According to their website, Wiley Wallaby licorice is made using these ingredients:
- Sugar, corn syrup.
- enriched wheat flour (wheat, iron, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin & folic acid).
- water, cane syrup.
- modified food starch (corn).
- palm oil, citric acid.
- natural & artificial flavor.
- malic acid, soy mono & diglycerides.
- sodium citrate.
- potassium sorbate (preservative).
- salt, Red 40.
All these ingredients are plant based, which leads us to our main question “is Wiley Wallaby licorice vegan?”.
Is Wiley Wallaby Licorice Vegan?
Yes. Wiley Wallaby Licorice are vegan friendly.
They are made with plant based ingredients and therefore are suitable for those following a vegan diet.
In fact, Wiley Wallaby states that they make sure that their licorice are vegan, kosher, and only uses sustainable palm oils.
Wiley Wallaby flavors:
Wiley Wallaby Licorice offers a range of flavors that includes:
- Classic Black: This flavor is the original and most popular flavor of Wiley Wallaby Licorice. It is made with licorice extract and has a rich, bold flavor.
- Red: This flavor is a fruity twist on the classic black licorice. It has a sweet and tangy flavor and is made with natural strawberry flavor.
- Green Apple: This one is a unique and refreshing twist on traditional licorice. It has a sweet and tart flavor and is made with natural green apple flavor.
- Huckleberry: This flavor is a sweet and fruity twist on the classic black licorice. It is made with natural huckleberry flavor and has a subtle, sweet flavor.
- Blueberry: sweet and fruity twist on traditional licorice. It is made with natural blueberry flavor and has a subtle, sweet flavor.
- Watermelon: This flavor is a sweet and refreshing twist on traditional licorice. It is made with natural watermelon flavor and has a subtle, sweet flavor.
Is Wiley Wallaby Licorice Gluten Free?
NO. Most Wiley Wallaby licorices are not gluten free.
Only one flavor is gluten free, which is Low Sugar Gluten Free Very Berry Licorice.
All the other flavors contain enriched wheat flour.
Wiley Wallaby Licorice is vegan-friendly, as it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients.
You may also like:
- Are Liquorice Allsorts Vegan?
- Are Strawberry Gushers Vegan?
- Why Are Hi-Chews So Addicting?
- Are Fruitella Vegetarian?