Embrace the joy of homemade desserts with this delightful Sugar-Free & dairy free Sherbet.
This recipe is a perfect blend of fruity flavors and creamy texture, without any added sugars or dairy products.
It’s a fantastic treat for those following vegan or sugar-free diets, or anyone who loves a refreshing, guilt-free dessert.
Each serving is approximately 60-80 calories, depending on the type of fruit juice and non-dairy milk used.
This recipe makes about 4 servings of sherbet. It’s perfect for a small gathering or a family dessert – and if you’re alone, you have more to enjoy for later!
The active preparation time for this recipe is about 10 minutes. However, the chilling and freezing process requires a few hours.
So, from start to finish, you’ll need about 3-4 hours to have your homemade sherbet ready.
Now, let’s dive into the recipe and start making your delicious, homemade, sugar-free, and vegan sherbet!
- 2 cups of your favorite fruit juice (ensure it’s 100% juice with no added sugars)<br>
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)<br>
- 1/2 cup of a natural sweetener like Stevia or Erythritol<br>
- Juice of one lemon
- Mix the Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the fruit juice, almond milk, sweetener, and lemon juice. Stir until the sweetener is fully dissolved.<br>
- Chill the Mixture: Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, or until it’s thoroughly chilled.<br>
- Freeze the Sherbet: If you have an ice cream maker, pour the chilled mixture into it and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a shallow dish and place it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, stir the mixture with a fork to break up any ice crystals, until the sherbet is frozen and creamy. This process may take 2-3 hours.<br>
- Serve and Enjoy: Once the sherbet is ready, serve it immediately for the best texture. If you’re storing it for later, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to soften.
Remember, the key to a great sugar free sherbet is balancing the sweetness and tartness to your taste, so feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener or lemon juice as needed. Enjoy your homemade, sugar-free, and vegan sherbet!