Wendy’s is a popular fast-food chain that offers a variety of menu options. One of their popular items is their Garlic Fries, which are made with French Fries and a garlic sauce. But are they vegan friendly? Let’s find out.
In this article, we will analyze the ingredients in Wendy’s Garlic Fries to determine if they are suitable for a vegan, gluten-free, and halal diet.
Let’s start with the ingredients list.
Wendys Garlic Fries ingredients:
According to their website (can be found here), the Wendy’s Garlic Fries ingredients are as follow:
French Fries ingredients:
- Vegetable Oil (Soy bean, Canola, and/or Cottonseed Oils)
- Modified Food Starch (Potato, Corn, Tapioca)
- Rice Flour
- Pea Starch
- Leavening (Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate)
- Xanthan Gum
- Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate (To Promote Color Retention)
- Cooked In Veggie Oil (Soybean Oil, [May Contain One Or More Of The Following: Canola, Corn, Or Cottonseed], Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Dimethylpolysiloxane [Anti-Foaming Agent])
- Seasoned With Sea Salt
- Cooked In The Same Oil As Menu Items That Contain Wheat, Milk, Egg, Soy, Sesame, And Fish.
Garlic Sauce ingredients:
- Veggie Oil (Soybean Oil, Salt, Natural Flavor, Annatto Extract [Color], Turmeric Oleoresin [Color])
- Seasoning Blend (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dehydrated Garlic, Cheddar, Romano and Parmesan Cheese [Pasteurized Cow’s Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes], Bread Crumbs [Bleached Wheat Flour, Sugar, Yeast, Salt], Monosodium Glutamate, Spices, Salt, Natural Flavors, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Not More Than 2% Silicon Dioxide Added to Prevent Caking)
- Natural Flavor
- Yeast Extract
- CONTAINS: MILK, WHEAT.
Now, let’s go back to our main question “is Wendy’s Garlic Fries vegan?”.
Are Wendy’s Garlic Fries Vegan?
Based on the ingredients list, Wendy’s Garlic Fries are not vegan friendly.
The French Fries are cooked in the same oil and equipments as items that contain Milk, Egg and Fish.
Also; the Garlic Sauce contains Parmesan, Romano, and Cheddar Cheese, which are all derived from cow’s milk.
Therefore, Wendy’s Garlic Fries are not considered vegan.
Are Wendy’s Garlic Fries Gluten-Free?
No, Wendy’s Garlic Fries are not considered gluten-free.
The French Fries are cooked in the same oil as menu items that contain wheat, which may result in cross-contact.
Additionally, the Garlic Sauce contains wheat flour in the bread crumbs.
People with celiac disease or gluten intolerance should avoid consuming Wendy’s Garlic Fries.
Are Wendy’s Garlic Fries Halal?
Based on the informations and ingredients list listed above, Wendy’s Garlic Fries are not considered halal.
The French Fries are cooked in the same fryer as some haram product (non-zabiha chicken).
And the Garlic Sauce contains Parmesan, Cheddar, and Romano Cheese, which may not be halal.
Therefore, it is not safe to say that Wendy’s Garlic Fries are suitable for a halal diet.
You may also like:
- Is Yoohoo Vegan Or Vegetarian?
- Are Club Crackers Gluten Free?
- Is Tteokbokki Halal?
- Is Prana Padano Vegetarian?
- Are Wonton Wrappers Vegan?
- Is Greek Yogurt Vegan?
- Are Gummy Bears Vegan?
Wendy’s Garlic Fries are not suitable for a vegan or halal diet and are not considered gluten-free.
Individuals with specific dietary requirements or allergies should exercise caution when consuming this product.
Wendy’s has made strides towards ethical sourcing and sustainability in recent years, but it is important to carefully read the ingredients and nutritional information before making a purchase.
While Wendy’s Garlic Fries may be a tempting option on the menu, they are not suitable for all dietary restrictions.
As with any food item, it is important to be informed about the ingredients and make an educated decision about what you choose to consume.