Trying to figure out whether Mambas candies are vegan friendly can be difficult.
Gummy manufacturers ofen mask the actual ingredients behind vague terms, and even when they do give you a full list, they never include how those ingredients were made.
To make sure that you are only consuming candies that aligns with your vegan lifestyle and diet, I’ve investigated the ingredients and production processes of Mambas candy.
And here’s what I found: Unfortunately Mambas candy are not vegan friendly.
The answer might seem straightforward, but it requires a bit of unpacking. To fully understand it, we need to take a closer look at what Mamba Candy is and what goes into each chewy piece.
What is Mamba Candy?
Mamba Candy is a brand of fruit chew candies that’s been around for quite some time.
These candies come in a variety of flavors, including strawberry, raspberry, lemon, and orange.
Each pack of Mamba Candy is like a fruit basket in your pocket, ready to deliver a burst of fruity flavor whenever the craving strikes.
In the next section, we are going to check the ingredients of Mamba Candy and explore why it may not be vegan.
Ingredients in Mamba Candy
So, what goes into each piece of Mamba Candy? The ingredients can vary depending on the specific flavor, but most varieties contain a similar base of ingredients.
These typically include:
- Glucose Syrup: This is a common ingredient in many candy products, including Mamba Candy. It provides sweetness and helps create the candy’s chewy texture.
- Sugar: This is the primary sweetener in Mamba Candy. After all, what’s candy without a bit of sweetness?
- Palm Oil: This is used to prevent the candy from sticking and to enhance its texture. It’s what helps give Mamba Candy its satisfying chew.
- Fruit Juice Concentrates: These give the candy its specific fruit flavor. It’s like a concentrated burst of fruit in each piece.
- Gelatin: This is used to give the candy its chewy texture. It’s one of the key ingredients that make Mamba Candy so delightfully chewy.
Now, back to our main question “Are Mambas Vegan?“.
Are Mambas Vegan?
Unfortunately, Mamba Candy is not considered vegan, as it contain gelatin. This is a common issue with many types of candy, as gelatin is often used to provide a chewy texture.
While the majority of the ingredients in Mamba Candy are synthetic or plant-based, there's one ingredient that is not vegan: gelatin.
Gelatin is a protein obtained by boiling skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones with water.
Gelatin is not vegan or vegetarian, because it's derived from animals, which goes against the principles of a vegan diet that excludes all forms of animal exploitation and cruelty.
Why Mambas May Not Be Vegan
Given the inclusion of gelatin, Mambas are not vegan friendly.
While there are plant-based alternatives to gelatin, such as agar or pectin, these are not used in Mamba Candy.
Therefore, if you’re following a vegan diet, it’s best to avoid Mamba Candy and look for vegan-friendly alternatives.
In the next section, we’ll explore vegan-friendly alternatives to Mamba Candy.
Vegan-Friendly Candy Alternatives To Mambas
While traditional Mambas are not vegan, there are several brands on the market that offer vegan-friendly candy alternatives.
These brands often use plant-based ingredients and avoid using any animal-derived products.
Some popular vegan candy brands include:
- YumEarth: This brand offers a variety of vegan candies, including fruit snacks and gummy bears. They use organic ingredients and avoid artificial flavors and sweeteners.
- Surf Sweets: Surf Sweets offers a range of vegan gummies and jelly beans. They are also free from artificial colors and flavors.
- Enjoy Life: Enjoy Life offers a variety of vegan and allergy-friendly candies, including chocolate bars and chewy bars.
When looking for vegan candy, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Check the Ingredients: Look for any potentially non-vegan ingredients, such as gelatin or carmine.
- Look for Certifications: Some products will have vegan certifications, which can provide assurance that the product is vegan-friendly.
- Contact the Company: If you’re unsure about a product, don’t hesitate to contact the company for more information.
More About Mambas Candy:
Is Mamba Gum?
Mamba is not a gum, but a type of chewy fruit candy. Mamba does not produce a gum product.
Where Are Mamba Candy From?
Mamba is a brand of fruit chew candies that is produced by the German confectionery company Storck.
The company was founded in 1903 in Berlin, Germany, and it produces a variety of well-known candy brands, including Werther’s Original, Toffifee, and Riesen, in addition to Mamba.
Mamba candies were first introduced in 1953 and have since become popular worldwide.
Please, always check the most recent product offerings from the company for the most accurate information.
Here’s the official website of Mambas Candy.
Key Takeaways: Mambas are not vegan
Mamba Candy are not vegan-friendly due to the inclusion of gelatin.
However, this doesn’t mean that those following a vegan lifestyle need to miss out on fruity, chewy candies.
There are several vegan alternatives available, and it’s easier than ever to find a product that aligns with vegan principles.