What are minties made of? Are Minties Vegan? Let’s find out. In this post we’re going to uncover minties ingredients and see if these lollies are vegan.
Minties is a brand of confectionery originating in Australia and manufactured in both Australia and New Zealand for their respective markets. They are a hard, white and chewy, rectangular mint-flavoured confection.
Minties Ingredients are : glucose syrup (from Corn), cane sugar, gelatine, peppermint oil, vegetable oils.
These lollies are made without artificial colours but may contain egg.
Are they vegan? Are Minties Vegan? NO. Minties are not vegan. They are made with gelatine (a food ingredient commonly derived from collagen taken from animal body parts).
They are not suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
Lot of lollies, especially the softer ones, have gelatine in them and Minties is one of them.
Non-Vegan Ingredients to Look out for in Lollies:
- Gelatine – made from collagen which is in the skin, bones and connective tissues of cows and pigs.
- Cochineal and carmine (made from crushed insects).
- Palm oil (exploitation of animals and bad for the environment)
- Beeswax (exploitation of animals)
Lollies brands can put some pretty creepy stuff in lollies like gelatine(made from boiled up animal parts).
But there are tons of goodies in the confectionery aisle that don’t contain any animal ingredients.
Here’s a list of vegan lollies:
- Hubba Bubba Chewing Gum.
- Cracker Jacks, Original Recipe.
- Jolly Ranchers, All Standard Flavors.
- Mamba Fruit Chews.
- Sour Patch Kids.
- Swedish Fish.
- Bottle Caps.
- Wonka Fun Dip.
- Blow Pop Lollipops.
- Are Hawaiian Rolls Vegan?
- Is Parchment Paper Vegan?
- Are Otter Pops Vegan?
- Is Grana Padano Vegetarian?
- Are Sabritones Vegan?
- Is Tom Yum Soup Vegetarian?
- Are Tater Tots Vegan?
- Is Pizza Hut Vegan-Friendly?
- Are Popchips Vegan?
- Is Butterscotch Vegan?
- Is Minute Maid Lemonade Vegan?
- Are Scones Vegan?
- Are Lollipops Vegan?
- Is Tteokbokki Vegetarian?
- Are Samyang Noodles Vegan?
- Are Ghoulish Green Snickers Vegan?
Are Jols Vegan?
Jols are made with sweetener, vegetable gum, acidity regulator, fruit juice concentrate ( blackcurrant, raspberry, orange ), humectant, antioxidant, natural flavours, colour, sweetener and essential oil.
Which makes Jols candies suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
Manufucturers may change the recipe ingredients any time, so double check the product label before buying.
Are Starburst Chews Vegan?
Most Starburst lollies, including its classic fruit chews, are not vegan.
Are Allen’s Fantales Vegan?
Allen’s Fantales are made with these ingredients:
- Glucose Syrup (Derived from Wheat Or Corn).
- Sweetened Condensed Milk ( Milk , Sugar).
- Vegetable Fat Emulsifiers (Sorbitan Tristearate, Soy Lecithin).
- Milk Solids, Cocoa, Invert Sugar.
- Salt, Emulsifier ( Soy Lecithin), Flavor.
The ingredient list contains animal derived in the form of milk and milk products, and therefore Allen’s Fantales are not vegan friendly.