Are you a cruncher or a melter? Do you like to nibble those smooth, round edges and wondering if Wotsits are vegan? Let’s find out.
In this post, we’re going to dig into Wotsits ingredients and get you the answers you need to determine if they are suitable for vegans.
Wotsits is a British brand of cheesy flavoured corn puffs, owned by Walkers company. Walkers is the British equivalent of Lays, and owned by the same company.
They are mainly cheese flavored curly shaped potato chips.
But are these cheesy snacks suitable for vegans? Keep reading to find out.
Let’s start with the ingredient list.
The main ingredients in Wotsits are:
- Maize, Rapeseed Oil.
- Cheese Flavour [Dried Cheese (7%).
- Milk Lactose, Flavour Enhancer (Disodium 5′-Ribonucleotide).
- Acid (Lactic Acid), Colours (Paprika Extract, Annatto).
- Natural Flavourings, Salt, Potassium Chloride.
As you can see in the ingredient list above, Wotsits contain milk, which leads us to our main question “Are Wotsits Vegan?”.
Are Wotsits Vegan?
Are they vegan? Unfortunately No. Wotsits are not Vegan friendly. They contain milk and therefore they are not suitable for vegans.
Are Wotsits Vegetarian?
We all know that vegetarians avoid all animal flesh, but do consume dairy and egg products.
Wotsits contain milk and therefore they fall into the vegetarian diet.
They suitable for vegetarians.
What Crisps Are Vegan?
Here’s a list of vegan Crips available in the market:
- Texas BBQ Pringles are vegan: Along with Pringles Original, Pringles Sweet Chilli, Pringles Paprika, Pringles Smokey Bacon Flavour (surprisingly!), and Pringles Original Tortilla Chips.
- Kettle’s Sea Salt & Balsamic Vinegar Crisps is also suitable for vegans.
- Tesco Bacon Rashers are vegan and they have a good crunch and flavour.
- Tyrrells Mixed Root Vegetable Chips are also vegan.
- Eat Real Sour Cream & Chives Quinoa Chips is another plant based crips.
But we recommend you always double-check the product packaging yourself.
- Are Hawaiian Rolls Vegan?
- Is Balsamic Vinegar Vegan?
- Are Sabritones Vegan?
- Is Yogurt Vegan?
- Is Agar Agar Halal?
- Are Tater Tots Vegan?
- Is Ezekiel Bread Vegan?
- Are Tic Tacs Vegan?
- Are Fruit Gushers Vegan?
- Is Frank’s Red Hot Sauce Vegan?
- Is Lab Grown Meat Vegan?
- Are Moon Pies Vegan?
- Is Fritos Bean Dip Vegan?
- Are Potato Wedges Vegan?
- Is Cream Of Wheat Gluten Free?
Are Wotsits Gluten-Free?
The answer is yes. Wotsits are gluten free. But be aware that although there are no gluten ingredients within the Wotsits, they are made in a factory which handles wheat, barley gluten, soya, celery and mustard.
We always advise you to check the packet when you buy them to ensure you’re informed of exactly what is in it.
Wotsits are not suitable for Vegans, because they contain milk. But they are currently suitable for Vegetarians.