What is Honeycomb Toffee made of? Is it vegan friendly? Well, in today’s post, we are going to take a closer look at this candy ingredients and get you the answers you need to determine whether Honeycomb is vegan or not.
We’re talking about the honeycomb you bake in the oven, rather than the stuff that bees make in their hives!
What is Honeycomb Anyway?
Honeycomb toffee, also called honeycomb candy, sponge toffee, cinder toffee, seafoam, or hokey pokey, is a sugary toffee with a light, rigid, sponge-like texture.
It is also made commercially and sold in small blocks, or covered in chocolate, a popular example being the Crunchie bar of Britain or the Violet Crumble of Australia.
Is Honeycomb Vegan?
So is it vegan? Is Honeycomb Toffee Vegan? The answer is Yes.
Honeycomb Toffee is vegan friendly. It is made with plant based ingredients and there is no real honey in it.
Is Honeycomb Toffee Vegetarian?
Yes. Honeycomb Toffee is vegetarian, because it is made from plant based ingredients.
Please note that we always strive to make sure the information about the products is always as accurate as possible. However, because products are regularly improved, the product information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary or allergy advice may occasionally change.
As a result, we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products.
Regional Names Of Honeycomb Toffee:
Honeycomb toffee is known by a wide variety of names including:
- Cinder Toffee in Britain.
- Fairy food candy or angel food candy in Wisconsin.
- Hokey pokey in New Zealand.
- Honeycomb in South Africa, Australia, Britain, Ireland, Philippines, and Ohio, United States.
- Old fashioned puff in Massachusetts.
- Puff candy in Scotland.
- Sponge candy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, St. Paul, Minnesota, Northwest Pennsylvania, and Western New York.
- Sponge toffee (“tire éponge”) in Canada.
Is Honeycomb Cereal Vegan?
The short answer is : NO. Honeycomb Cereal is not vegan. Keep reading to find out more.
The Honeycomb Cereal ingredients are :
- CORN FLOUR.
- WHOLE GRAIN OAT FLOUR.
- WHOLE GRAIN CORN FLOUR.
- NATURAL FLAVOR.
- YELLOW 5.
- WHEAT STARCH.
- Vitamin D3.
Honeycomb Cereal contains animal derived ingredients( Honey and Vitamin D3), which makes it unsuitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
- Are Clif Kid Z Bars Vegan And Gluten Free?
- Is Sherbet Vegan?
- Are Sabritones Vegan?
- Is Chobani Greek Yogurt Vegan?
- Is Worcestershire Sauce Vegan?
- Is Cream of Wheat Vegan?
- Gellan Gum : Is It Vegan?
- Is Brisk Iced Tea Vegan?
- Are Van’s Waffles Vegan?
- Is Milky Way Midnight Dark Chocolate Vegan
- Do Gushers Have Gelatin
- Is Rita’s Italian Ice Vegan?
- Are Club Crackers Vegan?
- Is Kix Cereal Vegan?
- Are Cocoa Krispies Vegan?
- Is Honey Vegan And Cruelty-Free?
Is Honeycomb Toffee Gluten Free?
Honeycomb toffee do not contain any gluten ingredients, but gluten may still exist in the cereal from other ingredients.
Which makes Honeycomb not gluten free.
Is There Dairy In Honeycomb?
Honeycomb do not contain any dairy ingredients, which makes it naturally dairy free.
Honeycomb is vegan friendly, because they contain no added animal-based ingredients.